What We Do
League’s activity is in medical oncology field and functions with the agreement of the Romanian Minister of Health and Family, Direction of Development and Health Politics.
Our mission is to promote the sanitary education among people, to contribute to early detection and prevention of cancer and to provide psychological, financial, and health care support to the oncologic patients and their famillies.
The main objectives of Romanian Cancer League are:
- To reduce the cancer incidence and mortality due to cancer;
- To increase the rate of cure;
- To prevent and control the using of tobacco products;
- To prevent and control the alcohol and drugs abuse;
- To reduce the psychological and socio-economical impact on patients diagnosed with cancer;
- To improve the life quality for oncological pacients;
- To support governmental factors to accomplish national programs of cancer prevention;
- To take measures of socio-professional reintegration of the oncological patient.